PSEB Registration: Benefits for Freelancers and Software Houses in Pakistan
The Pakistan Software Export Board (PSEB) is a government agency that promotes the growth of Pakistan’s IT and ITeS (Information Technology and Information Technology-enabled Services) sectors. PSEB offers several benefits to registered freelancers and software houses, including tax breaks, government programs, incentives, improved credibility and visibility, and access to international markets.
One of the most significant benefits of Pakistan Software Export Board (PSEB) registration is a deduction of 0.25% tax on export receipts received in Pakistan, as opposed to 1% for freelancers and software houses that are not registered with PSEB. This means that PSEB registered freelancers and software house can save a good amount of money on their taxes.
Access to Government Programs and Incentives
PSEB registered freelancers and software houses are eligible for several government programs and incentives, such as subsidized training, access to government procurement contracts, and export financing. These programs and incentives can help freelancers and software houses to grow their businesses and become more competitive in the global market.
Improved Credibility and Visibility
PSEB registration can improve the credibility and visibility of freelancers and software houses. PSEB is a government-recognized organization, and its registration process is rigorous. As a result, clients and partners are more likely to trust and do business with freelancers and software houses registered with PSEB.
Access to International Markets
PSEB has several relationships with international organizations and businesses. This means that PSEB registered freelancers and software houses can better access global markets. This is important for freelancers and software houses who want to grow their businesses and reach a wider audience.
PSEB Registration: Benefits for Freelancers
In addition to the benefits listed above, PSEB registration also offers a number of specific benefits to freelancers, including:
- Reduced income tax: Freelancers who are registered with PSEB can enjoy a reduced income tax rate of 10%, as opposed to the standard rate of 20%.
- Free training and certification: PSEB offers a variety of free training and certification programs for freelancers. This can help freelancers to upskill and improve their chances of getting hired.
- Access to ICT interns: PSEB can connect freelancers with ICT interns who can help with their projects. This can be a great way for freelancers to get help with their work and to mentor young people.
- Free promotion: PSEB can promote the work of registered freelancers to potential clients. This can help freelancers to get more work and to build their reputation.
PSEB Registration: Benefits for software house and call centers
- Visa facilitation: PSEB members, employees, and investors can get visa assistance to enter and work in Pakistan.
- Business promotion: The PSEB IT portal can be used to promote your business to potential customers and partners around the world.
- Reputation and trustworthiness: PSEB membership can help you enhance your reputation and trustworthiness in the IT market.
- Repatriation of earnings: PSEB members are free to repatriate their earnings, which can help attract foreign investment.
- Legal requirement for call centers: PSEB registration is a legal requirement for all call centers operating in Pakistan.
- Informative workshops: PSEB organizes informative workshops on various business segments, which can help you stay up-to-date on the latest trends and developments.
- Competitive bandwidth rates: PSEB members can get competitive bandwidth rates to deliver high-quality services.
As per the provisions of the Income Tax Ordinance, 2001, tax exemptions are applicable to IT exports from Pakistan for the next 12 years
Secure international sponsorship to participate in upcoming IT-related events and exhibitions. Global sponsorship for participation in upcoming IT-related events and exhibitions
Documentation required for software house and call center registration:
- Business / Company NTN issued by FBR
- The NIC’s of all Directors (Company)/ Partners (Firm)/ Proprietors (Sole Proprietorship)
- Attested Copies of passports of Directors (Company)/ Partners (Firm) (Only for foreign nationals)
- An attested copy of Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association (For companies)
- Attested Copy of Inc. Form-II (For companies)
- An attested copy of Form 29 (for SECP registered companies only)
- A certified copy of the incorporation certificate (only for SECP registered companies)
- An attested copy of the Partnership deed (for partnership-based firms)
- Original Bank Account Maintenance Certificate
If you don’t want to deal with all this complicated paperwork and documentation by yourself, you can simply Download Befiler app or visit www.befiler.com to connect with Befiler specialists, who will make sure your software house is registered with PSEB and you are able to enjoy all the above listed benefits without any hassle. Befiler will help you integrate yourself seamlessly with the PSEB framework and sidestepping the usual hassles.